Website Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library
Community Engagement Facilitator Bradford , ON
The Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library is a community-focused, single branch Library serving a diverse population of 42,880. The community includes both urban and rural areas with much of the population centered in the town of Bradford, which is located on the fringe of the GTA and adjacent to the Holland Marsh. Easily accessible from Highways 400, 27 and 11, Bradford is a growing community, and this is reflected in the increasing demand for Library services.
The Library has an opening for a full-time Community Engagement Facilitator. Reporting to the Manager of Community Engagement, this position is responsible for working collaboratively across departments to plan, coordinate, and provide Library services beyond the traditional walls of the Library. We are seeking a Community Engagement Facilitator with the following essential abilities:
- Comfortable delivering programs and services to people of all ages and backgrounds.
- Experienced planning, promoting, delivering and evaluating programs.
- Enthusiastic about spreadsheets, statistics and community research.
- Skilled at deep listening and reflection.
- Able to draw constructive information from community feedback.
- Compelled by a process of continuous improvement.
- Able to contribute in a collaborative work environment.
- Project oriented and adaptable to change.
- Keen to apply the principles of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion to all aspects of your work.
- Open to flexible scheduling as required by external demands.
Please let us know how your work or volunteer experience has provided you with the abilities listed above.
In addition, the successful candidate
- Has a dedication to providing excellent customer service to staff, community, and stakeholders.
- Will support the mission, vision and values of Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library.
- Will comply with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, and the Corporate Health & Safety Policy and related procedures.
- Will promote a culture of inclusiveness and work with a diverse population of employees and the general public.
This position is anticipated to start February 27, 2023. Shifts and hours will vary, and may include evenings and weekends. This position offers a salary of $55,644 (2022 rate) based on 35 hours per week, plus a competitive benefit package including OMERS pension plan.
- Post-graduate degree in a related field.
- Two years minimum of professional experience in a public library.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with the public, staff, external agencies, and to work as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to assume responsibility, and perform duties requiring independent judgment, initiative, and discretion.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and problem-solving ability, including the ability to evaluate, assess and problem-solve using logical, fact-based reasoning.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to balance priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to cope with high levels of interruptions, exercise discretion and good judgement.
- Fluent in English (reading, writing, verbal), other language fluency considered an asset.
- Satisfactory Police Record/Vulnerable Sector Check.
- A G licence and access to a vehicle is highly desirable.
- First Aid/CPR Certified.
- Ability to work days, evenings and weekends.
A detailed Job Description for this position is available here.
Interested candidates are invited to forward their resume and cover letter as a single pdf document by January 31 at 4:00pm to:
Elizabeth Campbell, Manager of Community Engagement
Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library
425 Holland St. W
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, and only be used for candidate selection.
The Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library requires candidates to provide proof confirming receipt of the full series of a Covid-19 vaccine as a condition of hire in accordance with the Town’s mandatory vaccination policy.
The Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library is committed to equity in employment. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. All candidates must be able to promote a culture of inclusiveness and work with a diverse population of employees and the general public. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, persons with disabilities, and those who identify as 2SLGBTQ+.
The Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library is committed to providing accommodations based on any human rights protected ground throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require accommodation, please notify us when contacted for an interview and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Closes: 31 January, 2023
Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library
Bradford , ON
To apply for this job please visit bradford.library.on.ca.