Website Bell Media
About the job
Req Id: 411417
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Position: Online News Producer
Location: Bell Media Edmonton
Salary: Commensurate with education and applied experience
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week. Overtime as required
CTV News Edmonton is seeking a Journalist with a digital focus who thrives on breaking news, in-depth journalism, and quality reporting, to write and generate original stories and other content for all digital platforms. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years’ experience in a wire service, newspaper, or digital news operation.
- Writing news stories for all digital platforms and updating them with the latest information. Demonstrate capability in editorial decision-making
- Liaise with corporate digital partners and other CTV Newsrooms, representing CTV Edmonton
- Must have knowledge of, and be able to apply, legal and ethical journalistic standards
- Ensure the accuracy, consistency and adherence to standards of all material on the site (headlines, photos, captions, video, etc.).
- Copy editing stories for grammar and accuracy
- Work may include visualizations in infographics, maps, quizzes, timelines and data journalism
- Monitoring and publishing wires, with an eye to SEO, keywords and social sharing
- Managing multiple social media streams for news (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and others) and when required, sending news alerts to mobile apps
- Other related duties as assigned
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a wire service, newspaper, or digital news operation and a degree in Journalism is preferred
- Ability to work under constant tight deadlines; time management skills and multi-tasking abilities are essential
- Must be familiar with Canadian Press Style Guide and Canadian libel law
- Television experience an asset. Supervising experience an asset
- Must have strong copy editing skills, clear and concise writing ability, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work well individually or in a team, with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, Adobe Photoshop and other applications in the Adobe Creative Suite, as well as Polopoly is required
- Familiarity with newsroom management systems (e.g. iNews, etc.) and video encoding/format transferring an asset
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Union Job Status: Regular – Full Time Job Location: Canada : Alberta : Edmonton
Work Arrangement: Full-time in office (meaning that you will be required to perform your work on-site)
Application Deadline: 05/30/2023
For work arrangements that are ‘Hybrid’, successful candidates must be based in Canada and report to a set Bell office for a minimum of 3 days a week. Recognizing the importance of work-life balance, Bell offers flexibility in work hours based on the business needs.
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, AB, Edmonton
Bell, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.