Website BC Libraries Cooperative
NNELS Production Assistant II (2 Positions) Vancouver , BC
The BC Libraries Cooperative (the Co-op) seeks two applicants for the Production Assistant II position. This is a limited-term employment role at 0.85 FTE (30 hours/week) with the National Network for Equitable Library Service (NNELS).
Reporting to the NNELS Production Coordinator, the Production Assistants II will focus on production of materials and remediation of files into accessible formats for the National Network for Equitable Library Service (NNELS). They will also assist with creating records for new content produced.
NNELS is a digital public library of books in accessible formats for readers with print disabilities. When people request books that do not yet exist in accessible formats, our job is to produce them. For more information, please visit the NNELS Website.
Specific tasks may include:
- Produce books in accessible formats and adding accessibility features to existing files, including Word, EPUB, and DAISY Audio;
- Write and edit descriptions for images;
- Update metadata for digital records;
- Build and curate digital collections;
- Assist with content acquisitions;
- Conduct quality assurance checks on publisher files;
- Other duties as required.
- All training will be provided.
Our ideal candidate is detail-oriented and motivated to produce materials for readers in accessible formats. They should be curious, self-motivated, and able to follow documentation and seek out guidance and assistance as needed.
- Experience with using and editing documents in Word.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and ask for assistance or direction when needed.
- Ability to read and follow online documentation and work with little supervision.
- Editing experience is beneficial.
- Familiarity with content management systems, such as Drupal, is beneficial
- Experience with information management, including working with metadata, is beneficial
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS is beneficial.
- Education in Library and Information Management, Library Tech, Publishing and/or equivalent BA and experience is ideal
- This is a virtual office opportunity and we welcome candidates from across Canada.
Successful candidates must provide their own internet connectivity, computer with a contemporary version of MS Office, and communication tools. The Co-op is a “bring your own device (BYOD)” work environment. Contractors and employees are required to supply their own computing equipment and ensure that the equipment is fit for the job.
- 2 positions
- Work location: remote (home based), with mandatory remote training with Production Coordinator.
- Contract anticipated start date October 11, 2022, end date March 31, 2023 (with possibility of renewal, contingent to grant funding).
- These positions are grant-funded, fixed-term service contract.
- Contract will be for 30 hours per week.
- Rate: $25 per hour.
- Contingent on funding, a contract extension may be a possibility.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 9AM on Monday, October 3, 2022.
Candidates must clearly indicate how they meet the position requirements.
We thank all applicants in advance, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About the Employer
The BC Libraries Cooperative is a non-profit, member-driven cooperative providing several high availability services to members across Canada. The Co-op uses primarily open source tools and contemporary development methodologies and hosting practices. For more information, please visit bc.libraries.coop.
The BC Libraries Cooperative hires on the basis of merit. We are committed to the principle of equity in employment. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from visible minority group members, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. This position is open to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
Compensation: $25 per hour
Closes: 3 October, 2022
BC Libraries Cooperative
Vancouver , BC
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.