Website Aurora Public Library
Coordinator of Community-led Initiatives Aurora , ON
COORDINATOR OF COMMUNITY-LED INITIATIVES
(1 contract full-time position available)
Aurora Public Library is a vibrant community space that sparks learning and creativity. We offer early literacy programs, literary and cultural experiences, a Creative Studio, online learning, extensive print and digital collections, and comfortable seating for meeting, collaborating, and socializing. Our community-led approach reflects a social contract with our community to deliver collections and services in collaboration with the needs of our residents. For more information, visit our website at www.aurorapl.ca.
Community development in a library context that reaches beyond traditional service boundaries. Focusing on community engagement and outreach services, you will maintain existing partnerships, build new relationships and strengthen the Library’s ability to identify and respond to diverse customer needs.
This is a full-time, 12+ month contract, reporting to the Manager, Community Collaboration.
- Post-secondary education in Community Engagement, Leadership and Development, Immigration and Settlement Studies or Library Technician or other related discipline, or a comparable combination of education and experience
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated experience in program planning and delivery
- Displays a creative and innovative approach to library services and outreach
- Demonstrated experience working with community partners
- Experience working in libraries (or similar public service setting) an asset
- Language(s) in addition to English/French an asset
- Valid Class G driver’s licence in good standing and use of a reliable vehicle for frequent travel within the Town of Aurora and surrounding area
- Technically proficient, including Office Suite, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, electronic resources and social media platforms
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Build/maintain relationships with diverse sectors of the community and integrate library services and resources into programs and initiatives delivered in-person or virtually within a community-led framework.
2. Proactively seek opportunities to partner with businesses, newcomer groups, and community organizations.
3. Undertake targeted outreach efforts towards special-need, under-serviced and non-user populations with services, collections, and programs designed to meet their needs.
4. Target developing areas of Aurora to promote library services to new residents.
5. Work with newcomer populations to promote library services and position the Library as a key source of connection for this population.
6. Work effectively with customers of all ages and backgrounds, recognizing the needs of residents from a wide variety of cultural, economic, social, and educational backgrounds.
7. Explore new avenues of service-delivery in a collaborative manner with cross-functional teams both in and beyond the Library facility.
8. Actively promote the Library’s vision when meeting with external stakeholders and community organizations/interest groups.
9. Coordinate with staff to engage customers in library service design and gather feedback and input from community groups.
10. Participate in community events and public consultation meetings as required.
11. Assist other staff in the development, coordination, and implementation of the Library’s outreach strategy to schools, businesses, and community organizations.
12. Build and maintain a network of key community contacts.
STARTING SALARY: $29.25 per hour
This position falls within the Library’s Bargaining Unit – CUPE Local APL.27 Pages and Temporary Workers Unit. The incumbent works 70 hours bi-weekly, including evenings and weekends. The schedule is subject to change (with notice) and is not negotiable.
Please email your resumé and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org, quote CCLI 2023 in the subject line.
Attention: Human Resources
Aurora Public Library
15145 Yonge Street
Aurora, ON L4G 1M1
The Library will require a current Vulnerable Sector Screening from the successful applicant as a condition of employment. All Aurora Public Library employees are required to disclose their vaccination status and be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the Library’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
APPLICATION DUE DATE: 04:00 p.m., Friday, March 31, 2023
The Library thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Aurora Public Library is pleased to accommodate individual needs in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator or email email@example.com of accommodation measures you may require during the selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Compensation: $29.25 per hour
Closes: 31 March, 2023
Aurora Public Library
Aurora , ON
To apply for this job please visit aurorapl.ca.