Website Aurora Public Library
Place of Possibilities
The Creative Technologies Librarian is a key member of the Customer Opportunity department and is responsible for engaging the community with innovative opportunities for learning, creation and discovery. Through their experience and expertise this position develops services and programming offered in our Creative Studio, advises on the expansion and growth of library technologies as well as provides support for the library’s eResources and digital collections. This position contributes to the work the Customer Opportunity department provides to the library as a whole, including reference and information services, readers’ advisory, customer service and outreach.
· Successful completion of a Master of Library and Information Science degree from an ALA accredited university.
· Two years’ professional experience in public libraries in the role of a librarian or equivalent.
· Two years’ experience in the planning, development and delivery of programming.
· Experience in the instruction and facilitation of creative tools used in makerspaces, fabrication studio and digital media labs
Skills and Abilities:
· Knowledge of library eResources and the ability to interface with both library vendors as well as customers in order to maintain services and address changing technology and needs
· Knowledge in the instruction and use of an array of creative tools including: laser cutters, 3D printers, Adobe Suite, gaming devices and software, VR technologies, sewing machines, digital embroidery machine, audio and visual equipment, etc.
· Demonstrated commitment to delivering outstanding library and customer service, learning about emerging technologies and passion for continued growth.
· Demonstrated program development and in person as well as virtual facilitation skills of programming that integrates technology and creativity.
· Strong leadership skills with the ability to work collaboratively and positively encourage all members of the team.
· Excellent interpersonal as well as organizational, planning and communication skills.
· Adept in instructional design with the ability to develop materials and training for both internal as well as external users and the understanding of those differences.
· Professional library skills that include providing exceptional reference, information and readers’ advisory service.
· Capacity to use social media platforms and online tools to promote library services and engage the community.
· Ability and initiative to independently learn new hardware and software.
· Drive to support library users in becoming critical consumers and creators of digital information.
This position falls within the Library’s Bargaining Unit – C.U.P.E. Local 905.02 APL Unit. The incumbent works 70 hours biweekly and will be required to work evenings, Saturdays and Sundays according to an established schedule, and reports to the Manager of Customer Opportunity.
STARTING SALARY: $36.03 per hour
Please email your resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources: email@example.com , quoting CTL FT 2023 in the subject line
The Library will require a current Vulnerable Sector Screening from the successful applicant as a condition of employment. All Aurora Public Library employees are required to disclose their vaccination status and be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the Library’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
APPLICATION DUE DATE: 2:00 p.m., Monday, February 13th, 2023
The Library thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Aurora Public Library is pleased to accommodate individual needs in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator or email firstname.lastname@example.org of accommodation measures you may require during the selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
To apply for this job please visit aurorapl.ca.