Website Agricultural Manufacturers of Canada (AMC)
Full Job Description
A national organization with global impact, Agricultural Manufacturers of Canada (AMC) is the only Canadian association exclusively dedicated to agricultural equipment manufacturers and the many companies that supply them. With a robust fifty-two-year history of championing the visionary companies and transformational agricultural equipment which has earned our members the reputation of being the best in the world, AMC is growing its talented team of professionals to bolster our strategic vision: Cultivate. Advocate. Collaborate.
Based in Winnipeg and reporting to AMC’s President, the ideal candidate will possess an exceptional customer service orientation and be a well-organized, resourceful self-starter who is able to work autonomously and as part of a team. You will actively collaborate with members of the AMC and contract marketing and communications teams.
We are a proudly Canadian association, working in partnership with 250 member companies generating revenues ranging from start-ups to $100M+ per annum and exports of $2.8B to 153 countries around the globe. Our members contribute more than $3B to the economy and employ more than 25,000 people in rural and urban communities.
This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate communications professional to make a national impact alongside a small but mighty team that supports partners across Canada.
Who are you?
You are an enthusiastic and creative self-starter with a drive to create strong relationships, are unconditionally authentic, and seek to provide an exceptional level of service that works to engage and give back to your community.
Like a compelling story pulls you in and inspires you, you constantly seek to understand and practice advancements in marketing so you can communicate with your audience in exciting ways. Most importantly, you are excited to start a new adventure in a fun and challenging work environment to help us connect the AMC community and tell our collective story to the broader world.
- Lead all marketing and communication initiatives including strategy, branding, public relations, events, social and digital media, relationship marketing, and direct marketing.
- Create first-rate, comprehensive communication materials from email content, impact stories, podcasts, and much more and contribute to the execution accordingly.
- Assist in ensuring a consistent brand look, feel, and voice across all channels.
- Collaborate with the team and communications partners to develop a national social media strategy that creatively promotes activities and amplifies the impact of AMC and its members in their communities.
- Support AMC’s media relations efforts, strengthening strategic relationships with journalists, securing media features, and proactively seeking thought-leadership opportunities that benefit members.
- Work with and respond to membership and membership relations.
- Assist in planning the annual convention, AGM, member meetings, training seminars, and related events.
- Develop and track success metrics for all marketing activities.
Other tasks as required.
What do you need to succeed?
- Post-secondary education with a specialization in Communications, Marketing, or Journalism.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role. Marketing agency experience is a definite asset.
- Possess a reputation for your positive and proactive manner, curiosity, and team contributions.
- Have a positive attitude and gratitude around serving members and key stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate active listening and have a strong attention to detail, ensuring accuracy in all written communications, reports, and activity tracking.
- Maintains superior organization, multi-tasking, and follow-through skills while managing multiple projects at once.
- Competence with all social media channels including Mailchimp, Hootsuite, WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, or InDesign expertise, and the capacity to pick up new technology quickly.
- A high level of enthusiasm for member and organizational development.
- A passion for storytelling and tailoring communications to unique stakeholder groups.
- Highly adaptable and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in the non-profit sector is an asset.
- Experience in the Canadian agriculture and/or manufacturing industry is an asset.
- Bilingual (French/English) is an asset.
To learn more about AMC and the exciting things we do, please visit our website: https://www.a-m-c.ca/
We thank all those that apply, however, only those that meet the qualifications of this role will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
Schedule: Day shift
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
Experience: Marketing/Communications: 3 years (required)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.